Friday, November 11, 2011

From France To New Mexico

I'm very excited to tell you the story of my friend, Anna Abbett McEver.  I met her at College.  I remember her being so tiny and very cute!  She was shy and spoke with a very strong French accent which was also very cute!  She was a missionary kid whose parents had served the Lord in the country of France for years.  Here's her story in her words.......

Anna with her father, Butch Abbett
My parents were missionaries in France for 37 years.  I was born at Sense, France but when I was a year old, they moved to Sarreguemines, where I lived until I went to Crown at age 20.   Sarreguemines is 5 minuets from the German border. My parents names are Butch and Margie Abbett.  

We came on furlow about every 4-5 years for only about 3 months (during my summer break because I went to the French schools), and we came in 1996 for about 8 months (when I was 15), but that was the longest I had ever been in the States. I could speak and read some English when I got to college but it was very rusty.  I had a hard time my first year at Bible college because I was having to learn a language, culture and a whole different way of life.  France is my home and always will be.  I lived 20 years of my life there.  America is my mission field.  I know a lot of people don't understand that but it would be like them living in another country and calling America home.  

My father actually found out right when I had gone back to France after my Freshman year at Crown, that only about a hour and a half from the town he had the ministry, that his side of the family only had 2 generations of Americans and in that town is where his ancestor came from. God had sent him to France in the area that his family came from. :) I always thought that was neat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jon and Anna McEver & Family
Anna's parents came off the field for good 4 years ago, but they are still in the ministry.  Her father is a representative for BIMI and all of her 2 brothers and 1 sister (all much older) and their families are serving the Lord too!  Both of her brothers are serving the Lord in France.  She and her sister are in the States, although not close in distance.

Anna married Jon McEver and today she is serving along side him as he Pastors a church in Aztec, New Mexico.  They have 3 beautiful children: Benjamin, Michelle, and Samantha.  

This story is so fun to me because we would probably all consider her a missionary kid to France, and yet she considers herself a Missionary to America.  She truly is a sweet lady and didn't hesitate at all when I asked her if I cold share her story!  Thank you so much, Anna, for sharing your story!!  You've been a blessing to us!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you're new to Hidden Treasures, we'd love to invite you to stay a little while and look around.  You can connect with us on Facebook or Twitter.  Or you can choose to have our post delivered directly to your E-mail or RSS feed.  Thank you so much for taking the time to read our posts!  
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This post is linked with:

1 comment:

  1. Hi

    It's nice to find this page. I was a classmate of Anna, in Sarreguemines, France.

    I found a class photo, taken between 93 and 95, I can't find the date : https://imgur.com/a/XQnVAn7 ... Anna is at the top right. I am the smiling blonde guy in white T-shirt at the left.

    Anna alone (detail) : https://imgur.com/a/AeJsHsK

    If you have more news from Anna, I would be happy to know. I give you my mail : stephane.flauder at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete