Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Training My Girls to Make Money From Home

If you read Proverbs 31, I'm sure you'll come to the conclusion that the "virtuous woman" did more than stay at home sipping iced tea and watching TV!  She was up doing things for her family.  Making a little side money was a big part of her daily tasks. 

I plan to train my girls to do just this!  We have a few ideas up our sleeves.   We've been thinking about different things and we have finally settled on one.  My girls will be helping and eventually doing some or most of it themselves...eventually.  I can't think of a better way to train them to be stay-at-home moms and to make money at the same time.  It's also a great way to teach them how to handle their own money, save and be responsible.  I'm very excited about it all! 

There are so many things we can do to make money from home.  There are so many ideas out there.  
  • Photography
  • Baking
  • Homemade jams and jellies
  • Home Day Care
  • Selling things ~ {hair-bows, wreaths and other arrangements, candy.}
  • Teaching piano or voice
  • Teach swimming
  • Cleaning houses
  • Sewing
  • Blogging/Writing
  • Cutting/Styling Hair
  • Renting out a home gym system or tanning bed to friends
    {The get a great deal and you make extra money!}
  • Soap making
  • Candle making
  • Raising Honey
  • Selling extra milk and eggs if you have livestock.
  • Horse riding lessons - if you happen to have horses
  • Growing flowers to sell
  • Homemade butter, yogurt and cheese
  • Raising puppies

My daughters and I have decided to try our hands at making money from home too!  You can read this to see what we're planning!  We are just not getting things rolling.  It's kinda slow going when you don't have the money to put into it right away.  We are slowly making progress.  God is providing.  He always provides when we decide to things His way!  
I'd love to know what you do to make money from home!  Do share all of your fabulous ideas with us!!



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you're new to Hidden Treasures, we'd love to invite you to stay a little while and look around.  You can connect with us on Facebook or Twitter.  Or you can choose to have our post delivered directly to your E-mail or RSS feed.  Thank you so much for taking the time to read our posts!  
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

6 comments:

  1. Sounds great! The Lord just dropped into my lap, a business making cupcakes for the only golf course country club in our town. I took cupcakes to the kids piano recital at Christmas, and a wedding planner/ event coordinator was there. She asked me... and we're just waiting on clearance from the government, as our permanent residence is applied for and will give us the opportunity to make extra money here in Canada. Photography is another thing that I would like to do, in His time:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome, Kristy! I love how God provides for us. So far this new plan of our has come together very nicely. Some of it even better than I thought. God always takes care of things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are an awesome mother, Angela, and you have much to offer to other moms out there. I know just reading your blogs has helped me tremendously. I soon plan on making money from home as well and would like my daughter to do the same. My dream is to start making soap and candles, and sell from home. I plan on buying some of your girls' sugar scrub let me know how I can do so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this sounds awesome!!! And a wonderful way to teach your girls home industry! I'll be a supporter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Kasey!! I'm so excited to hear that! I'm still trying to get everything set up, but it seems to be coming together! God has provided things I wasn't even going to worry about. lol

    ReplyDelete