Tuesday, September 4, 2012

School Year Goals/2012

We've had a change in plans.  

...AGAIN....

We were considering going back to the homeschooling thing...but my husband is a firm believer in the Christian school and I, well, I personally, am torn between the two.  I was home schooled but eventually graduated from a Christian school.  There are advantages and disadvantages to both.  It is my opinion that each of us must find what God wants for our own individual families and then go with it.  

As I said, I've been caught in the middle - torn between the two.  My husband, however never had any doubts that we should send our children to the Christian school.  And, since God provided us with a bigger house {something we desperately needed} that just happens to be adjoining the property of that Christian school, we enrolled our children - ALL of them!!  I no longer have any babies at home with me, which is quite sad...or at least I thought it was going to be until...

 First Day of School!


I was asked to help teach in the preschool this year.  {Kinda a culture shock of sorts for me since I used to teach High School before my oldest was born!!}  BUT, it's turned out fabulously!!  We don't have to spend any money on gas and I'm right there in the same building as my two youngest children.  I get to see them several times throughout the day for little free-be hugs and kisses.  The other kids in their class even seem to get excited to see me in the hall now too!  It's too cute!!  

To keep my children excited about learning, we've they've set themselves some goals for this year.  I sat down with them and asked them what they'd like to know or have accomplished by the end of the year.  I must say, I'm pretty impressed with the goals they've set for themselves.  We've been able to work toward these goals and we've even gained some ground in the 3 short weeks since school has started!! 

Oldest Daughter's Goals (4th Grade):

  • To know all of her multiplication tables off the top of her head by the end of the year.  She's already almost half way there!!!
  • To get a 100% on at least one math test.  ;)
  • To learn/memorize as many *important* spelling words as possible.  She's showing dyslexic tendencies and spelling is a major problem for her, so we made this a goal she could reach.
  • To improve in sentence structure and story writing.  She has a hard time getting her ideas from her brain to her paper.  She can do it orally without a problem, so we're going to work on her writing skills a bit.
  • To read 10 "fun" books by the end of the year.
  • BIBLE QUIZZING!!!  I'm so excited that she can now be a part of this wonderful experience and learn as much of the Bible as she can!  
  • To improve her art skills - she's very creative and can draw WAY better than her old mother any day!!!  
  • To complete level 2 in her piano books.
  • To complete 2 karate classes

Sounds like a great list to me!!!  I'm so excited for her!!

Daughter #2 (3rd Grade):

  • To keep a 95% average in spelling   She can definitely do this, just has a hard time staying motivated
  • To read 2 -3 "BIG" books every month  Loves to read!!
  • Learn to type - something she's been interested in for a while now, so why not??  Maybe she'll have her own blog someday??
  • Memorize her multiplication tables
  • Complete level 2 in her piano books - loves the piano!!
  • To learn Karate - which is kinda funny because she's so scrawny and feminine - not at all muscular like her older sister!!
There you have it!!  Our goals for the new school year!!

 New Books that God recently provided us with!

~ The younger kids have planned to play and read by the end of the year; and Jenna would like to count to some number I've never heard of... perhaps *I* should go back to kindergarten! ~

What are your goals for this school year?  I'd love to hear them!  Feel free to leave comments below on on my Facebook wall!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We'd love to invite you to connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.  Or you can choose to have our post delivered directly to your E-mail or RSS feed.  
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment