Friday, March 4, 2011

Science - Home School Style

We made a friend today.  Lexxi named him Sushi (don't ask me why).  He lives in my mom's back yard. 


"Sushi"

We learned a few things about lizards.  1) We learned that lizards run fast.  2) They blend in with their surroundings. 3) They don't like pink bouncy balls and 4) they'd rather not live in a shoe box. 

Lexxi took this picture.  I had to catch the thing to prove that he wouldn't bite anyone.  Even then the girls wouldn't touch him.
But Wesley got brave.  He had lots of fun.

Did I mention that we also learned that lizards give up their tails when necessary?  I think this was the last picture taken before the poor little guy lost his.  It was traumatic.  
At least now we recognize Sushi.  He's the lizard without a tail.  The others we've seen all have theirs.....until the kids get a hold on them too.

1 comment:

  1. Love the comment that lizards do not like living in a shoe box! lol too cute!

    ReplyDelete