Saturday, June 25, 2011

Whole Wheat Cheese Biscuits

I love cheese biscuits, but the only ones I ever made were the white biscuit mix with a few hand fulls of cheese thrown in.  So, I found a recipe and changed it up to make me happy. 
Ingredients:
  • 2 cups of whole wheat flour
  • 4 teaspoons of baking powder
  • 1 tablespoon raw sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon of garlic
  • 1 stick of butter
  • 1 cup of milk
  • 2 cups of sharp cheddar cheese
Directions:

Mix flour, baking powder, sugar, garlic, and butter until you have a crumb mixture.  Add milk until dough forms.  Throw in cheese and mix with hands until well blended.  Pull small hand fulls apart and place them on greased pan.  Brush with butter on the top of each biscuit and sprinkle with oregano.  Bake at 350 degrees until biscuits are a golden brown.  Serve warm.  Recipe yields around 12. 
 

1 comment:

  1. Oh me those soun very good, I will try your recipe, and hope mine turn out good, thanks for sharing, Hugs Barbara

    ReplyDelete