Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Give it All Ya Got!

Ecclesiastes 9:10 - Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do; do it with thy might.

There are many things I want my kids to learn.  The most important of which is to be the person GOD wants them to be. I don't want them to try to be like anyone else.  I don't want them to be better than anyone else.  I want them to be the person(s) God made them to be.  I want them to do their best at everything they do.

I've told them over and over,  "You don't have to be the best at anything.  You simply have to do YOUR best at everything."  You see, I think it's a bad attitude to NOT do your best.  But I also think it's a bad attitude to get upset when someone else out does you.  There's no need to be upset if you know in your heart that you did YOUR best.  

It all goes back to a heart condition.  Do you live every moment in communion with your Heavenly Father?  HE is the yard stick by which we should measure the things we do.  We can say we did our best on any given job, but we know and - what's more important - HE knows if we truly did our best.  And HE knows the reasons and the spirit in which we did the job.  But that's a whole different post. 



Ecclesiastes 9:10 - Whatsoever thy hand (achem, or feet) findeth to do; do it with thy might.

We go all out at our house.   She's giving it all she's got! -------->








~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you're new here at Hidden Treasures, we'd love to invite you to stick around and hang out a while!  You can hook up with us on Facebook or Twitter.  Or you can chose to have our post sent directly to your E-mail or RSS feed.  Thank you so much for taking the time to read our posts!  
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


This post is linked with:

and the Homestead Barn Hop

5 comments:

  1. HAHAHA I LOVE that picture!! Great words to live by! I agree whole heartedly!!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love the picture! What a great example of I Cor 10:31 as well!

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exactly! We try to make our kids understand this too. But they still want to get upset if they aren't THE best. We just tell them to their best and everything. Even if it is weeding the garden! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I just found your blog because you linked up with Treasure of Faith.
    God Bless ~ Shannon

    ps- I invite you to check out my blog as well at
    http://joyisfoundinhim.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photo, and great message!

    ReplyDelete