Wednesday, August 3, 2011

It's All *HER* Fault!!!

So, the other day, I started a series I named, "Temperature Wars".  I've been thinking about this for a long time, and so, I finally decided to take the plunge.  My first post was all about smiling, and how we can warm up our homes and encourage our families by smiling more.  blah, blah, blah..

The next day, I had a bad day.  It wasn't just bad.  It was terrible!  And, do you know what started it off on the wrong foot??  Don't laugh, it was all my daughter's fault!  And, yes.  I'm tattling.  It was ALL HER fault!!   *snort*

Yeah, she looks cute and harmless.  But, you know what they say: appearances can be deceitful!

Do you know what she did??  She woke up happy!!!  Can you believe it!?

Normal people are just not supposed to be happy in the morning - at least not until after around 9 or 10-ish.

I can usually fake it.  I can ignore happy, (annoying), morning people - usually.   But that morning was too much for me.  I don't know if she was extra happy, or I was extra grumpy, or maybe it was a combination of the two, but it was BAD!   And what was worse - it was SUNDAY!!

Meghan kept offering to help me; telling me stories...happy stories; singing songs; and well, you know, just being... happy!!  Bah, humbug!

I was as nice as I could be (in a very quiet way), and, she never seemed to pick up on the fact that Mommy's a grump today.  For that I should have been thankful.

I finally found something for her to do.  I thought that would fix the problem.  At least she would take herself and her happiness to the other room and leave me to my grumpy self.  But then - then, she had the audacity to sing "The Joy of the Lord is My Strength".   Yeah, she would have to sing that song!

Oh, it's funny now...but not then.  Not at all.

I got through the morning somehow. That's good.  We were all ready and out the door on time.  That's good too.  It was just myself and my girls on the way to church and everyone was quiet.  That was really good!

But then the singing began.  Ugh...not again!

But, this time, they sang, "He's Still Working On Me".  What a relief it was to hear that song!  It was kinda refreshing to be reminded that God is still working on me.  Even when I have a bad, grumpy day.  God still loves us; and He still works to improve us...and our dispositions.   And I can tell you that He still works miracles, because, by the time we got to church, (and it doesn't take long) I was in a good mood!

Aren't you glad God is still working on you??  I'm so glad He doesn't give up on me!

He's such a great God! 


This post is linked to:

Photobucket>

7 comments:

  1. Oh yes, this mama has those days too! Thanks for writing with such honesty. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. too funny. those days usually happen on sunday for me {sigh}... though i am subject to them any day of the week. i am NOT a morning person-and 2 of my girlies ARE! :)
    {i had to repost cuz there was a horrible misspelling-lol}

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to delete two of my own comments in a row the other day. I kept posting my comment before I was even finished typing it somehow. I'm really not that clever sometimes... lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH I've had those days too! Isn't the Lord so good to keep working on us, and send little messangers to do his work! :) I really enjoyed reading, I look forward to following you!

    New follower from the link up!
    Sarah @Treasures of Faith

    ReplyDelete
  6. How funny! Thanks for your honesty and for linking up with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. VERY cute story and good writing. Entertaining. I enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete