Friday, July 22, 2011

My Medicine Cabinet

Healthy Medicines
My opinion on medicine is that it should all be as natural as possible.  We should go God's way and use the healthy, natural remedies that He's provided.  I also like to think that we can prevent most of our sicknesses by simply living/eating healthy.  I also like the idea of not running to the doctor with every little problem that comes up.  Who wouldn't?  It saves so much time and money!  

When someone in our family starts to feel sick, we immediately start natural immune boosters. 

Herbal remedies are really not my expertise. When I have questions, I always ask my friend Jill if I have a question and you can do the same here.  But, as a mom, I have learned about a few things that truly do work for me and my family.  

These are a few of the things I keep in my medicine cabinet.  There are a few other things that I happen to have like cranberry pills for a certain daughter who seems to be prone to bladder/UT infections.  (Thank God, we haven't had one in almost 9 months now!!)   And I do have some peroxide and rubbing alcohol too. (Although I admit, I use silver more often on cuts and scrapes because it doesn't hurt and works great!)  I also have some multi-vitamins, iron pills and B12 for my iron deficiency....other than those things the following is just about all I depend on.




My Medicine Cabinet:
  • Aloe Vera - Great for burns, cuts and dry skin.  (We use it instead of lotions.)
  • Tea Tree Oil - Great for infections, cuts and LOTS of other things.
  • Witch Hazel - Makes itchy skin stop itching.  Great for mosquito bites and poison ivy.  Also good for swollen gums in teething babies, but you must be sure you have the kind that is safe to put in their mouths.
  • Colloidal Silver - Natural Antibiotic
  • Colloidal Gold - Natural Antibiotic
  • Bee Pollen - Great for allergies and as a detox
  • Garlic - Natural antibiotic and general immune booster
  • Echinacea - Immune booster and natural anti-biotic
  • Apple Cider Vinegar - Great for lots of things including stomach problems and skin issues
  • Baking Soda - Great for poison ivy, use as a facial scrub, hair rinse and many other things including drawing poisons out of wasp/bee stings
  • Band-aids - Great for children who like to play...and the occasional sliced finger
  • Butter Fly stitches - For little boys who play with dogs while they're trying to eat...just sayin'.....
 Moon Shine??  
(Weeelll, ya know....My husband and 2 of my kids are from KY...)
Actually, the larger one is Colloidal Gold and the smaller one is Colloidal Silver.  Two of my favorite medicines.  No more trips to the ER with ear infections or strep throat!! 
God is good to provide these wonderful natural medicines to help us help our children!

What things do you have in your medicine cabinet that you can't live without??



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you're new to Hidden Treasures, we'd love to invite you to stay a little while and look around.  You can connect with us on Facebook or Twitter.  Or you can choose to have our post delivered directly to your E-mail or RSS feed.  Thank you so much for taking the time to read our posts!  
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

14 comments:

  1. Great post, I have never tried colloidal silver, sounds interesting. I agree, being healthy is the best medicine!! Thanks~April

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am an advocate of colloidal silver here as well. However, I have never heard of colloidal gold. Strange that I know of one and not the other. Differences? Does gold do something that the silver can't?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Question!!

    Actually, there are others too. Colloidal zinc, copper and platinum to name a few. I will do a post on the differences soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good! I will be on the lookout for it. I noticed how much LARGER your gold jug was, so there must be something I am missing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing and for linking up with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Actually, the Gold jug was given to me. I use silver more often and am more familiar with it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Raising Mighty Arrows, thank you so much for the opportunity to link up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm at the very beginning stages of preventative natural medicine. I don't use much since I really don't have a clue what I am doing. lol!!! I love aloe though, that is a fairly safe one to start with. lol!!! Thanks for the information.

    ~Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE ALOE! I strongly suggest colloidal silver if you have children. It's awesome for ear infections, pink eye...LOTS of things! Garlic is wonderful too and you can use it in so many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do you make your own colod. silver?

    ReplyDelete
  11. No, But I would if I could!! I don't have the equipment.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Colloidal silver (and colloidal mineral medications in general) have not been shown to work in any capacity by any reputable medical study. In fact, they may have adverse health effects as mild as cosmetic skin discoloration or as serious as kidney failure. I would recommend researching that particular product more if you plan to continue using it. Otherwise, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have found several sites that recommend it and I've tried it personally and it does seem to work for us! I strongly recommend it in small doses for limited periods of time. Too much of it taken for longer periods of time can cause skin discoloration. Thanks for the comment!!

      Delete
  13. Tons of stuff in there much better if you keep your medicine clean and dry as we don't want moisture in our cabinets that creates bacteria.

    msidler-international medical cabinets

    ReplyDelete