Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Zucchini Overload

Last year was a great year for zucchini.  At least in our garden!  It was wonderful.  A great year.  Well, let me put it this way....

I was was overloaded with zucchini last summer.  We had more than we needed.  If you're like me, you hate to let anything go to waste.  Especially when it comes to food.  (we've had too many "lean years".  I can't throw out any scraps without feeling bad)  I chopped and froze; grated and froze; sliced and froze.  I even canned some in soups and spaghetti sauce! 

The good thing about Zucchini is it tastes like whatever it's in! (Uh, did I mention it's healthy too...??)

Here are some of our Zucchini Ideas:
  • Zucchini Fritters - I LOVED these!!  I would have eaten them every day, but we did eventually run out.  I should have made several batches and put them all in the freezer to eat while my kids are sleeping.
  • Zucchini Cookies  - FYI - This is not my husband's "idea".  He wasn't fond of "green things" in his chocolate chip cookies.  He insisted it tasted like spinach.  (???)  Alrighty then...  (And, yes, he reads my blog.  =D) 
  • Chocolate Zucchini Cake - Still not one of my husband's favorites.  My kids liked it though. 
  • Zucchini Bread/Muffins - This was a favorite around our house for a long time.  My kids loved them.  My husband didn't even try it.  He didn't think vegetables and bread were supposed to go together.  (Hmmm, Come to think of it, he must not be a zucchini kind of man??)
  • Zucchini You Name It - Don't really have a recipe for this off the top of my head, but if I did I'd post it for ya!
I'll post a few of these recipes for you a little later if you're interested.  

No comments:

Post a Comment