Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The Birthday Plate

Well, I've told you about our Birthday Wreath, some of our party tips, and a few of the parties we've had.  But I don't think I told you about our "Birthday Plate"!

You see, whenever we have a birthday around here, everyone eats of the same, old, common, everyday plates that we always eat on.  Except for the birthday boy/girl.  The birthday boy/girl get a special plate.  It's special because it's the only one of it's kind (at our house anyway!).  It's square.  It's clear glass.  It's super awesome!  Everyone likes to eat off the "birthday plate".

My husband's birthday was 2 Sundays ago, but his birthday dinner was the Monday night after.  He knew I was making him a special dinner, but even he got excited when he saw that plate sitting in front of his chair.  He even commented on it.  Don't tell anyone, but I thought it was so cute! I really did.

There it is - the "Birthday Plate"!  -------->

Could you ask for a better plate?  I don't think so!  And it only cost me $2.50!  Some family traditions are so easy to start, but they sure do add lots of fun memories to the years!

Have fun making your memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment