Tuesday, October 18, 2011

How to Roast Pumpkin Seeds

So, I've been up to my elbows in pumpkin mush...  I figured while I was at it, I should probably roast the seeds, rather than throw them out.  I hate to waste food!  Especially when you consider what people pay for these delicious, healthy snacks at the grocery store!  Beside that, it's actually quite easy!

Pumpkin Seeds



Remove the seeds from the pumpkin using a spoon or your fingers.
Did you know there are at least 300 seeds in every Pumpkin??


Rinse the pumpkin flesh from the seeds. 



Soak in brine made of 2 cups water and 1/4 cup sea salt overnight.  After soaking, boil the seeds in the brine for about 10 minutes.



Cover the bottom of your roasting pan with Olive Oil and then layer your pumpkin seeds. Sprinkle with sea salt to taste if you like.  {You could also season with brown sugar and butter instead, if you'd prefer.}

Roast at 350 for about 45 minuets.  


Remove from oven.  Let cool and place in an air tight container for safe keeping.  Such a healthy, yummy snack and very inexpensive considering I already had the pumpkins ~ practically free!!!

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You can connect with us on Facebook or Twitter.  Or you can choose to have our post delivered directly to your E-mail or RSS feed.  Thank you so much for taking the time to read our posts!  
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


This post is linked to:


3 comments:

  1. We just put up 2 pumpkins this past weekend, but we didn't do the seeds. Yours look very good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s really interesting! I started a link party at my blog and I'd love for you to link this up. If you're interested it's http://caribbeanmissionarywife.blogspot.com/ Have a lovely day, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. these look so yummy! I'm definately going to try making some!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete