Monday, August 27, 2012

How Does Your Garden Grow??

My family has had a very busy summer.  We moved to a new house, did a few repairs and re-modeling projects and a bunch of other things.  In fact we've been so busy I wasn't sure if I was coming or going on some days. 

Because we moved half way through the summer, so I had to leave my spring garden behind and plant a "fall garden".


Here are some pics.....


Watermelon...we may not have time left in the season, but my kids couldn't possibly imagine a garden without it and we did have some seeds left, so we planted them.  Should have plenty of watermelon if the weather holds out.  :)


Scarlett Runner Beans ~ this is my first time planting pole beans instead of bush beans.  So far we have TONS of beautiful red flowers!!

Pickling Cucumbers ~ we've made 4 quarts of Spicy Pickles, and we plan to add Bread & Butter, Lime and Cinnamon to that list. 

Tomatoes ~ TONS of them!!  
We've made some spaghetti sauce, but we need more - and some salsa too!!

My poor Pepper plants had a hard time this year, but they have given us just what we've needed!!

Zucchini!!
Good in soups, breads, fritters, and cookies {anything really!}!!

We have also planted sweet peas, broccoli, brussels sprouts and kale!!  They're pretty small yet and no much to look at though!  :) 

I'll be posting more recipes very soon!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We'd love to invite you to connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.  Or you can choose to have our post delivered directly to your E-mail or RSS feed.  
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


No comments:

Post a Comment