Sunday, October 9, 2011

Hidden Treasures - Angela

Hello!  I'm so excited to be invited to link up at Our Simple Country Life!  I hope you will all join us there if you can!  FUN!!

My name is Angela Vance.  I was blessed to be born in to a Christian family.  My dad was in the Military, so we were priveledged  to move all over the world, meeting new people and learning new things.   I was born in North Dakota.  From there we moved to Spain where I accepted Jesus as my Saviour when I was very young.  From Spain we moved to Illinois and then we were sent to live in the country of Panama.  While in Panama, God gave me the desire to be in full time ministry.  We lived in Panama for 5 years and then we moved to Arizona where I graduated from high school.  After high school, I went to Crown College where I met and married my husband.  We have been in the ministry for 10 years now and God has given us 3 beautiful daughters and 1 sweet little man!  We also have 2 babies waiting for us in Heaven.

Hidden Treasures was born out of a sincere desire to love and encourage other ladies to be the best wives, mothers, sisters and friends they can be.  None of these are easy callings, but all are noble.  None are without a price, but all are fulfilling and rewarding.  As a child, all I ever wanted to be was the best wife and mommy that I could be and now that I am those things - I fall far short of the "best" part - but I am a wife and I am a mother and I wouldn't trade those things for the world.

I love to blog about new ideas; fun things to do with children; ways to save money and time; healthy, nourishing food; Bible verses I find encouraging and other "mom" things.   One of our favorite things to do at Hidden Treasures is Missionary Mom Monday!  Every Monday we hear from a different Missionary Mom.  They tell us about their ministry, a verse that's blessed them or life behind scenes.  I find it very interesting and encouraging!  I think it's good for our children to hear from real, live missionaries and let them see pictures of missionary children that are their ages.  Have you ever thought that maybe some day your children might want to be missionaries...???  Why not let them learn as much as they can about it all now?

I don't pretend to have all the answers.  I make mistakes and I go through trials every day just like everyone else.  I simply blog to be an encouragement to other ladies and I use my experiences to show you how great our God is!  The Bible talks about exhorting, or encouraging, each other in the faith.  Some people may not consider saving money, cooking healthy foods, loving your family and organizing closets working for God, but they are!  If these are things you need to do to make your house a home, then that is God's will for your life today!  Don't dread it.  Embrace it!  Don't put it off.  Make it fun!

My desire is to be a "Treasure" that is "Hidden" with Christ is God.  If this is your desire, than I invite you to join in the fun!  Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter!  We'd be glad to call you friend and encourage you in any way we can!




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you're new to Hidden Treasures, we'd love to invite you to stay a little while and look around.  You can connect with us on Facebook or Twitter.  Or you can choose to have our post delivered directly to your E-mail or RSS feed.  Thank you so much for taking the time to read our posts!  
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


11 comments:

  1. Hi Angela, It's so nice to meet you! I've been seeing you around (which sounds kinda wierd) but it's so nice to put the blog with the Facebook :)- I know that doesn't make sence, unless of course you've run into it too. I realized after reading your info that I've been following you on FB but have not visited your blog. What's up with that? :)
    Well it's nice to finally meet you and I'm excited to be better acquainted with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angela,

    I feel I "know" you so much better now. ;0) Wonderful post, beautiful family.

    Our little ones are the complete opposite of yours {1 girl, 3 boys!}

    Thanks so much for joining the blog party!

    Much Love & Blessings,
    ESTHER
    www.oursimplecountrylife.com

    P.S. Just thought I'd let you know, your party button is not up and working. Be sure to grab the html button at my blog. Thanks! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Anglea,

    Stopping by from the Country Porch Friends Blog Party. Nice to meet you! I have seen your blog on facebook. I look forward to looking around your blog and learning more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Angela,
    I have actually been following your blog for a while, but I was tickled that you stopped by my blog on Esther's Country Friends Porch Blog Party and said Hi. We do indeed have a lot in common. You inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Angela, What a great opportunity to get to meet you and your lovely family. I am so interested in living a more heathful life and know I will enjoy reading your posts on that. So glad I came across your blog on Esther's Friends Porch Blog. Can't wait to spend more time with on the front porch swing...I know I will be blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've come across your blog several times in my journeys and always enjoyed it. It's wonderful to "meet" you via the Front Porch Party! I know I'm going to enjoy coming by here again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm stopping by from the party and look forward to following your blog.
    www.luvlaughterandhappilyeverafter.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Visiting from the blog party - I love your next to last paragraph -
    Some people may not consider saving money, cooking healthy foods, loving your family and organizing closets working for God, but they are! If these are things you need to do to make your house a home, then that is God's will for your life today! Don't dread it. Embrace it! Don't put it off. Make it fun!
    We can wash dishes, fold laundry, or whatever and be serving Christ. An encouraging thought:-)
    Stefanie

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad to meet you...love your blog...and the title is so close to mine that it feels like kindred spirits:-)

    Would be honoured to follow your blog.

    Blessings,
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Angela! I'm visiting from the blog party! Your family is so beautiful. I simply love the way you describe yourself as wanting to be a hidden treasure to others. I believe you are.
    : ) Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you, Ladies! I appreciate the compliments and kind words. I enjoy getting to meet each of you too!

    ReplyDelete