Monday, March 28, 2011

Granola Bars

The best part about these:  no preservatives, no additives, all ingredients that *I* chose.  AND the kids get to help me make them.  (They are very easy.)  These are the moments we treasure!

1 Cup Peanut Butter
2/3 Cup Honey
1/2 Cup Butter
2 Cups Oats

2 Cups any combination of sesame seeds, raisins, dried fruit (bananas, cranberries, pineapple, strawberries, apples or coconut), sunflower seeds, dark chocolate chips, peanuts, almonds, cashews, pecans, white chocolate chips, marshmallows, whatever else you can come up with...

Mix peanut butter, honey, and butter over medium heat.  Remove from heat.  Add oats and other chosen ingredients.  Spread into greased pan and chill.  Cut into bars.  You could also make no-bake cookies out of them if you like.  My kids love granola bars, so I did my own thing... Have you ever read the label on the back of store bought granola bar??  Scary!!

I put each bar into it's own small snack size baggie so we can grab whatever we need when/if we are in a hurry.  It's a great, healthy on-the-go food.

No comments:

Post a Comment