Monday, May 16, 2011

Let's Not flip out!!

I hate when the hems of my shirts or skirts flip up!  You can iron and iron them, but they just don't like to lay flat.  I was complaining about it to a friend one day, and she told me about this trick.

To fix the problem....wash the skirt and hang it to dry.  But hang it upside-down by the hem.
Like so.....

This is not the best picture, but you get the idea. 


By the time it dries you will have a nice neat skirt and no more flipped out hems!!

You can do the same with shirts.  I just didn't have that available to show you.

6 comments:

  1. I love this tip! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. since I use a dryer guess I can dampen it and hang it. I know damping and ironing does not work. should have thought of this myself since never had the problem when I used to hang clothes out to dry. thanks for reminder. Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps you could take the clothes that "flip out" out of the washing machine and hang them right away and then put everything else in the dryer to dry?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll have to try this. I always feel so rag-tag with my hems popping out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! I do too. And when my girl's hems do too!

    ReplyDelete