Reasons I should have chickens:
- Why not?? (except for the reason mentioned above...) **sigh**
- Organic meat and eggs are so much healthier...and more expensive. The idea that I could do a little work and provide these things for my family at little cost is very exciting to me. (This really could be TWO reasons...MEAT and EGGS.)
- They eat bugs in the yard...which means less bugs in the house...less money spent on exterminators... (2 MORE reasons!!)
- Their droppings are a great organic fertilizer for the garden...less money spent on the garden.
- They would be a great way to teach children about God, nature, the food chain...lots of things really, (responsibility would not be the least of these things;))
- It would just be fun! I really do NEEED chickens... Beside that, look at all the money I'd save by raising chickens. HA! At this point, I really can't afford NOT to raise chickens!!
Maybe one day.... =)
*adding "chickens" to my prayer list*
My poor husband. He thinks I'm crazy! He says, "If God wanted us to have chickens, we'd be given chickens." So, if any of you out there have a chicken or 2 (or more!) that you'd like to part with, let me know!!