Saturday, May 14, 2011

Why I Want Chickens...

I really, really, reeeely want to raise chickens.  The problem is my husband does not.  He says they're too noisy and they stink.  Which kinda makes me wonder 2 things.  Since when does he go around smelling chickens?, and, Why on earth does he keep all these children!?

Reasons I should have chickens:
  1. Why not??  (except for the reason mentioned above...)   **sigh**
  2. Organic meat and eggs are so much healthier...and more expensive.  The idea that I could do a little work and provide these things for my family at little cost is very exciting to me.  (This really could be TWO reasons...MEAT and EGGS.)
  3. They eat bugs in the yard...which means less bugs in the house...less money spent on exterminators...  (2 MORE reasons!!)
  4. Their droppings are a great organic fertilizer for the garden...less money spent on the garden.
  5. They would be a great way to teach children about God, nature, the food chain...lots of things really, (responsibility would not be the least of these things;))
  6. It would just be fun!  I really do NEEED chickens...  Beside that, look at all the money I'd save by raising chickens. HA!  At this point, I really can't afford NOT to raise chickens!!

Maybe one day....  =)

*adding "chickens" to my prayer list*
=D

My poor husband.  He thinks I'm crazy!  He says, "If God wanted us to have chickens, we'd be given chickens."  So, if any of you out there have a chicken or 2 (or more!) that you'd like to part with, let me know!!

1 comment:

  1. Will pray with you. We just embarked on the raising chickens adventures! They are 5 weeks old now and we have a huge raccoon we need to get rid of before we put them in the coop. Today my youngest and I took them 2 by 2 :) to the pen outside for them to roam around. They are a bit of work but so fun. I also have a daily life blog with pictures of them.
    http://mylifeinwhichhehasplacedme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete