Saturday, May 14, 2011

White Chocolate-Cranberry Cookies

My Grandma made these cookies this past Christmas.  They were awesome!   So, I got the recipe from my Grandma and I went home to work on it.  I changed a few things to make them healthier and here is what I came up with....

Ingredients:

1/2 cup softened butter
3/4 cup raw sugar
1/2 cup raw brown sugar, packed
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
13/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup fresh milk
1 cup dried cranberries or blueberries
1/2 cup white chocolate cups  (or dark chocolate chips)

Directions:

In medium bowl, beat butter until creamy.  Gradually add sugars.  Add egg and vanilla.  Beat until smooth.

Combine flour, baking powder, and baking soda.  Gradually add to sugar mixture.  Mix well.  Stir in berries of your choice and chocolate chips.

Bake at 375 degrees fro 10 - 14 minutes.  Yields about 2.5 dozen.

TIP:  I make a double batch and freeze half the batter.  That way if I ever want to make cookies I can do it quickly and without all the mess.   Just roll half the batter into a "log" and wrap in plastic.  Put into freezer bag and throw in freezer!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We are so glad to have you here at Hidden Treasures.  We'd love to have you connect with us on Facebook or Twitter.  Or you can choose to have our post delivered directly to your E-mail or RSS feed.  Thank you so much for taking the time to read our posts!  
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This post has been linked with:

No comments:

Post a Comment