Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Our 10th Anniversary

It's been 10 years!!  Where has the time gone?  I remember standing at the alter on my wedding day, wondering what our lives would be like 10 years later...and here we are!

Our lives are nothing like I expected them to be...but then I was only 21 and didn't really know what life or marriage or having babies was really like.  (If we knew everything our future held, we might not be as willing to jump in!)

When I think back to the girl that I was and the dreams that I had; I realize that in many ways I am that same girl.  But in many ways, I am different.  I've learned how to love... to really love the way a mother loves her child.  I've learned to wait on the Lord to provide things that we needed and couldn't afford.  I've learned to think for myself and do right based on the Bible and not worry about what others may think.  The Bible and God's will settle everything for our life. 

I've seen dreams come true.  I've been blessed to learn things I always wanted to know.  I've been blessed with a house full of happy, healthy children.  I've been able to stay with my husband and love him through all the happy times, and the difficult times.  I've not always been the best at it, but I'm glad that I have someone to love and to encourage, for when we encourage our husbands we encourage ourselves, and when our husbands feel loved and encouraged, they will return the favor...most of the time. 

We've had our share of trials and heartaches.  But through them all we've been blessed by God and we've learned that there really is a silver lining to everything we face. 

All in all, it's been a great 10 years.  We've loved the ministry.  We've made great friends all across the country.  We've watched God multiply our income and in turn, we've been able to help others the way we were helped when we needed it.  God has been good to us.  I'm looking forward to the next 10 years and I plan to fully enjoy every moment I can! 

No comments:

Post a Comment