Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Stick it To 'Em! {I did!}

There comes a time when you just have to let lose and "stick it to 'em"!  That's what I did today.  And they were so excited!  You should have seen their faces as they tried to guess what was on each stick!  

Oh, yeah, I guess I should go ahead and tell you that I didn't  "stick to" my lunch menu for this week.  I went with another idea:  Everything I sent with my girls for lunch today is on a stick!  They were so excited.  I'm sure the lunch lady is not going to be my biggest fan, bless her heart.  I did pack a paper plate for her to put it all on though.  (I'm so helpful!  :blush:)  

Here it is...Lunch on a Stick!!  -------------------->
 I wrapped them each individually in aluminum foil, which I generally try to avoid, but I was afraid to send them in plastic for fear they'd microwave the plastic.  At least this way that poor lunch lady, bless her heart, HAS to take it out of the foil before she can microwave it. 

Other Options:
  • Fruit-Ka-Bobs
  • Ham/Turkey/Chicken and Cheese Ka-Bobs
  • Hawaiian ham/chicken with pineapples and mushrooms
  • Homemade Corn Dogs 
  • Brat Worst
  • Caramel Apples- I know the caramel isn't good for you, but moderation...I love caramel apples!
  • Quesadillas
  • Yogurt Pops
I'm sure there are other creative ideas out there.  I had a few more in mind last night, but I can't think of them now.  Can you think of anything fun and creative (and healthy)?  List them in the comment box below and my girls with love you forever!! 

{If you are new to Hidden Treasures, we'd love to have you "stick around" and hang out as much as you like!  You can hook up with us on Facebook, Twitter, or you can have our post sent straight to your RSS feed or your E-Mail!}

This post is linked up with:  
 





7 comments:

  1. That is some cute ideas! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We usually do the frozen banana and homemade mini corn dogs on a stick. We've done Chef Salad on a stick.. Lettuce, tomatoes, peppers, mushrooms ham and cheese. Kids favorite is pizza on a stick. Pizza crust with sauce on it, meat of preference, lots of vegetables and cheese:) Fruit Salad on a stick. Tree fruits and tropical fruits. They are great for day trips also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We never eat such things. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great ideas, Angela! Thank you for leaving them! I was hoping to get a few more ideas and the road trip idea is a great one too! Definitely going to remember that one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute idea! One of my friends has a son that will eat pretty much anything if it either is grilled or is on a stick. I'll have to show her this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is adorable!!! I like the idea of trying new things on a stick :) I am thinking a peanut butter banana must be SO good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are good! My kids came home from school all excited! The only thing is there's no fridge for them to put their lunches in at school, so the bananas were a little mushy. They melted a little faster then I thought they would since they were not refrigerated...gonna have to get an ice pack and put them in their insulated lunch bags. (I sent them in brown paper bags for fun that day. And because I didn't know if they'd fit in the lunch bags.)

    ReplyDelete