Saturday, September 3, 2011

Homemade Taco Seasoning

 I never buy those packaged seasonings at the store. I make my own and I love it because I very rarely have to buy any at all. I love to have one less thing to buy for my meals as I'm planning for the coming week.  Not only does this save me time and money; it's also healthier to make as much of your seasonings at home as you can so you don't have to worry or wonder about what is really in your seasoning.  MSG is a common ingredient in the majority of pre-packaged seasoning mixes on the market.  Along with a few other added ingredients including milk sugar {for those of you who are lactose intolerant}.


All you need:
  • 1/2 cup chili powder
  • 1/8 cup ground cumin
  • 1/8 cup minced onions 
  • 2 Tablespoons of crushed red peppers
  • 2 Tablespoon garlic powder
  • 1 Tablespoon sea salt
Put ingredients into a pint jar with a lid.  Shake the jar to mix the seasoning. Store with your spices.  Add about 2 table spoons of this seasoning per pound of taco meat (or to your liking).   



A few other Homemade Seasoning Recipes you may enjoy:

Ranch Dressing/Chip Dip
Arizona Roast Rub/Marinade


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you're new here at Hidden Treasures, we'd love to invite you to stick around and hang out a while!  You can hook up with us on Facebook or Twitter.  Or you can chose to have our post sent directly to your E-mail or RSS feed.  Thank you so much for taking the time to read our posts!  
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 comment:

  1. My kids LOVE tacos! I can't wait to try this seasoning and it is so convenient to have on hand!

    ReplyDelete