Saturday, October 8, 2011

Life's Little Lessons

My children and I were making butterscotch bars last night.  They love those things!  All of them were wanting to be involved.  Let's get real - they were wanting to eat the raw dough off the beaters and spatulas!

There's 4 kids, 2 beaters and one spatula.  That leaves one kid out.  {I never let them eat out of the bowl, because they make too much of a mess and it's just too much sugar anyway.}  So, they were all asking and reaching out for one of those three things.  All except for the youngest.  She just kinda stood back watching, but I knew she wanted one. 

So, one by one, I handed out beaters and spatulas to reaching, greedy hands.  She was disappointed.  She didn't get one, but she didn't say a word.  The others didn't seem to notice.  She still didn't say a word.  When I was finished putting the pans in the oven I turned around and handed her the whole bowl.  I informed her that she did a good job not asking or pouting and she could have the "whole bowl".  She was thrilled!  The other kids were stunned.  They all looked down at their beaters and spatula. They didn't get as much and the little bit they did get was all gone by now.  They all looked around at each other, but no one said anything - I think I got my point across...!  We shall see...??

I love those little lessons!!  



She had fun with all that sugar!  And don't you just love her outfit??  She picked it out herself!  

Hey, at least they're both striped - AND, the stripes are all going the same direction.  Although, I do believe the shirt is on backward.  But who's looking, right?  {Hopefully no one, because she has dough mangled in all that hair!!}

She's our crazy fur ball!! 
Not sure what we'd do without her!





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you're new to Hidden Treasures, we'd love to invite you to stay a little while and look around.  You can connect with us on Facebook or Twitter.  Or you can choose to have our post delivered directly to your E-mail or RSS feed.  Thank you so much for taking the time to read our posts!  
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 comments: