Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Festive Chicken Salad

Here's my recipe for Chicken Salad and it's perfect {looking anyway} for Christmas parties and shin-digs!  My husband and kids love it.  It's pretty easy too, depending on how much you're planning on making.  

A "vat" of chicken salad I made last Saturday -  enough to feed 200 people.

All you do:
Boil your chicken.  If you want to save time you can use your crock pot.  Let the chicken cook in water on high all night while you sleep.  When you wake up you should be able to shred it easily.  

Add {to your shredded chicken}:
Celery Seed to taste
Diced Red Grapes - be sure you get seedless or cut all the seeds out
Thawed Green Peas
Diced Onions
Mayo or Miracle Whip
{And no, I don't know how much of each.  I just add it till it looks right and all of my taste testers approve.}

Tastes great with bread, wheat crackers, or on pita bread! 

Money Saving Tip:
Be sure to save your chicken broth to make soups, gravy, or to add to your mashed potatoes.

I have almost 8 quarts of chicken broth left from all those pots of chicken I boiled on Saturday.  I use allot of cream of chicken soup around the Holidays, so I decided to save my broth to make some homemade cream of chicken soup



This post is linked with:  

 








~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you're new to Hidden Treasures, we'd love to invite you to stay a little while and look around.  You can connect with us on Facebook or Twitter.  Or you can choose to have our post delivered directly to your E-mail or RSS feed.  Thank you so much for taking the time to read our posts!  
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment