Sunday, December 4, 2011

Homemade Christmas Wreath

My home is not fancy or spectacular.  I've never had anyone enter my home and say, "Wow!  It's gorgeous!"   But, I have had people come in and say things like, "It's so homey and comfortable!"

{THAT's what I'm going for!!} 

SO!  I needed a Christmas wreath to reflect that warm and cozy, come on it and warm you're self feeling.  Every wreath I found I was expensive.  And I don't know about you, but I'm against expensive.  And even if it's not expensive, I have this natural rebellion against spending full price on anything.  If you wait long enough it WILL go on clearance. 

I found this evergreen wreath on clearance at Micheal's for around $5.00.  And the cute little barn stars {right up my alley!} were on clearance for .50 cents each!  I snatched them up and made this wreath with things I already had in my basement.  The ribbon and the 'A' is part of the gift wrapping on a gift my husband gave me for Christmas one year.  The berries are from another wreath I'd made for someone else.  

I simply glued and wired things together until I came up with.....   


 It's not fancy, but it's 'me'.  And it only cost $6.50!

Update:  I have since added a string of battery operated Christmas lights that I found for under $2.50!!




This post is linked up with "Homemade for the Holidays" at Luv, laughter and Happily Ever After.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We'd love to invite you to connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.  Or you can choose to have our post delivered directly to your E-mail or RSS feed.  
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3 comments:

  1. Nice! I just read a few days ago about the symbolism behind the Christmas wreath. The circle symbolizes the eternal love of God. The holly thorns represent the crown of thorns that Jesus wore, and the holly berries represent the blood that He shed. I really want to put up a wreath from now on.

    Did you get them on clearance this year or after Christmas last year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought/made it last year before Christmas. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for joining the party! I love your wreath! I dislike the price tag that comes with expensive wreathes.

    ReplyDelete