Monday, February 20, 2012

Hidden Treasures - 1 Year Old Today!!

I started this blog one year ago today, while my husband and I were spending a week in San Francisco, CA with Bro. and Mrs. Lonney Mattingly.  It was a week of much needed rest and encouragement.  I will forever be thankful for those days and the time spent with them.

The original idea and the name, "Hidden Treasures", was taken from Proverbs 2:4 ~ If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures; then shalt thou understand the fear of the Lord, and find the knowledge of God.

I wanted to share all of the golden nuggets that I uncovered in the Scriptures and, also, those hid treasures that we forget to notice hidden here and there in every day life.  You know, the little blessings we miss out on because we're so busy with life?

God has blessed us with so many little "hid treasures".  They're there.  They're all around us, but we get so busy with the chores, and everyday responsibilities, that we forget to stop and see the little blessings.  The smiles...the flowers...the sound of our children's laughter.  

One day, as I was reading my Bible, I came across Colossians 3:3 ~ For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.  And, we all know that Proverbs 31 refers to the virtuous woman as having a price that is "far above rubies".

Suddenly, I knew that I wanted to be considered a "treasure" by God, Himself, and I knew that the only way to do that was to live my life completely "hid" in HIM!

I will admit, I don't always live hidden in Christ the I need to.  I seem to think more highly of myself than I ought to think.  We all do.  At least those of us that are human....

This is what I want to do with my life.  I want to be considered a "treasure" by those that know me best.  Some of you, I can fool.  I can write a post.  I can sound really good.  I can make up things and tell everyone how fantastic my life is and how wonderful I am..........but I can't fool the ones that SEE the way I live.  I can't fool those that see the way I dress, the way I talk, the places I go.  These people, I cannot fool.  These are the people that I hope will consider me a "treasure".

But this is impossible, if my life is not hidden with Christ in God!  I cannot be a treasure in my self.  But Christ can do it through me!  And He can do it through you too!  No matter where you've come from or what you've been through...He can work miracles and He wants to show His mighty power in YOUR life and in MINE!!  This is what I want for me and you and for this blog!!

This is the ultimate goal of my life - to be considered a "TREASURE" by those that know me best and, espically by God, Himself!!  And to live with my own life "HIDDEN" with Christ in God!! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you're new to Hidden Treasures, we'd love to invite you to connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.  Or you can choose to have our post delivered directly to your E-mail or RSS feed.  Thank you so much for taking the time to read our posts!  
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment