Thursday, May 17, 2012

Summer Time Plans

I've had several people ask me what I plan to do this summer "with all those kids".  I thought about selling a few of them and using the money to go on vacation, but just in case this idea doesn't work I came up with a "plan B".

Here are some of my ideas for "plan B":
{In no particular order.}
photo credit
  • Gardening ~ I keep my kids with me.  We're a team.  We work together.  They love it and I do too.  Because of it, they can do just about anything I can do.  
  • Canning/freezing/preserving as much fresh fruits and veggies as we can
  • My older girls are going to learn how to make their own quilts for their beds.
  • Music camp!!  {I can't teach them what I don't know, but if a great church in our local area can, I'm for it!!}
  • Marshmallow Guns/Wars
  • Each child will paint/decorate ceramic pots for me to plant my herbs in.  :)  
  • Kid's Crusades at church
  • Piano Lessons
  • Reading!!  I just bought some books to start the summer off on.
  • Humming Bird feeders and a book on local birds should help them learn about...umm, well, local birds.  :)
  • We have a Sugar & Spice business to build!!
  •  One of mine asked to learn to type, so I got her a program and I'm thinking this summer would be a great time for that.  
  • We just got a new book on how to face paint...sounds like fun to me!  We might have to practice a few times this summer.  :) 
  • And, I'm sure we'll come up with other fun things to do along the way like picnics, roller blading, bike riding, side walk chalk, slime, and finger painting...whatever else we can get ourselves into!!  
I'm excited!!  I love summer!!  What are your summer time plans?? 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We'd love to invite you to connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.  Or you can choose to have our post delivered directly to your E-mail or RSS feed.  
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 comment:

  1. Well, we do school year round, just taking off a week or two as needed, so we don't have a summer to plan, but we too have a garden that we are working in every day, keeping those weeds out. We just harvested our potatoes and soon we'll be doing the rest. We all work out there together. It's so fun with the kids along side of us.

    ReplyDelete