Monday, August 6, 2012

The Propper Way to Eat A Peppermint Pattie

Disclaimer:  

I think any and all people everywhere should eat healthy, non processed foods.  However, I love Peppermint Patties.  Yes, the first and second ingredients listed are sugar and corn syrup, I know this and it makes me very, very sad........ but every once in a while...  

Work with me, girls, work with me...I'm working very hard at justifying this whole thing.  ;)

I find it disturbing...

to watch my husband and my son eat a Peppermint Pattie...or any chocolate for that matter.  They shove it, or as much of it as they can, into their mouths and swallow it down without a thought!  And then they have the audacity to claim that it was good!!

Now, I ask you: {and them} how could you have possibly even tasted it that way?!?  Seriously!  There's an art to these things.  You have to take time to savor...

So, without further ado, I'm going to teach you all how to properly savor a Peppermint Pattie. 

If, and when eaten correctly, one peppermint patty should last you at least two days.  {We're talking the full size ones here.}  Maybe it's because they make me feel so gross when I eat too much at a time, but mine usually last about three days.  {As I said, I don't eat them as often as I used to.}

TIMING:  Timing really is everything when it comes to eating a peppermint pattie.  For instance you don't want to be savoring a bit of Peppermint Pattie around children because even though they may not ask, they have ways of letting you know they want some and I always feel so mean when I have to say no.  But, you know, a girl has to do what a girl has to do!  "Just say no" is a great motto.

You also don't want to be standing in the kitchen getting ready to take a nibble and your husband walk past, grab it and plop the entire thing in his own mouth!!  And what's worse than him stealing my precious Peppermint Pattie was that he didn't even take the time to enjoy it!! Just downed it all in one big gulp!!  :( 

Are you feeling my pain yet??




Step #1 ~ View the Peppermint Pattie  Isn't it lovely??   
{This step is very nearly always omitted by the men in my family}



Step #2 ~ Take the first nibble out of the edge...notice I said "nibble", not "huge chomp"!! 
 Just sayin'...



Step #3 ~ Take little nibbles out of the edges until the outside of the treasured Peppermint Pattie is completely white.  It usually takes me about a day to finish the edges off.  At this point, I put it away for a while, or until the next day when I feel the urge for more. 


This {above} is how your Peppermint Pattie will look when you're finished with Step #3.


Step #4 ~ Continue nibbling around the edges.  It make take you several "rounds", and even several days, but continue on until your Peppermint Pattie is quite small...like so.

At this point, you may continue nibbling until it's gone {which is my preferred method},  or, you may put the entire thing in your mouth and let it melt.  It's a great way to pass time while washing dishes or folding laundry.   I always try to see how many items of clothing I can fold or how much work I can accomplish before the minty goodness melts away.

Now that you all know how to properly eat a Peppermint Pattie, you may leave comments telling me how glad you are that I spent time researching this topic.  And, let me assure you: I did have fun with the research put into this post!!

Now, it's your turn to tell us all about your favorite "guilty pleasures". 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We'd love to invite you to connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.  Or you can choose to have our post delivered directly to your E-mail or RSS feed.  
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 comment:

  1. I love Peppermint Patties....and they taste better when refrigerated. I buy the smaller ones, and try to only eat one at a time. I love to nibble around the edges, and can't believe my hubby and kids just pop it into their mouths without enjoying the edges. My last bag only lasted 1 day as I was canning spaghetti sauce, and they were the source of nourishment for me, as my kiddos ate p&j sandwiches for both lunch and supper. I did share with hubby and the kids....so I didn't eat the whole bag by myself, but I can always dream.<3

    ReplyDelete