Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Piano Lessons!

As the mother of 4 beautiful children, I feel I must do all I can to teach my kids as much as I can.  I have a whole list of things I'd like to cram into their little brains.  Swimming, singing, self defense, piano, cooking, cleaning, schooling, how to make money from home, driving {someday..}, and a whole slew of other things..

photo credit
We recently moved to a new state, new city, new church, new life.  It's been a rough road.  Some good, some bad.  The hard part is trying to get things whipped into a new "normal".  Piano lessons were at the top of my list.  I knew we couldn't afford to pay for lessons, so I started praying. 

Three weeks later I got a message from a new friend that teaches piano.  She volunteered to teach both of my girls piano in exchange for doing a little house cleaning and organizing for her!!  That's right up my alley!  "Free" piano lessons in exchange for a little cleaning!!   I can do that!  

I'm so excited right now.  Our first piano lesson was yesterday!  Isn't God wonderful to provide my girls with all the little "extras" along the way!?!  And I can be a blessing and help a new friend at the same time!  I'm so thankful to have a God that cares and gives us good things.  My prayer is that my girls will do their best and, if it's God's will, use their skills someday in His work!!  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you're new to Hidden Treasures, we'd love to invite you to stay a little while and look around.  You can connect with us on Facebook or Twitter.  Or you can choose to have our post delivered directly to your E-mail or RSS feed.  Thank you so much for taking the time to read our posts!  
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3 comments:

  1. That's so awesome! I love how God always works these things out in ways that we never would have imagined!
    Praying for His abundant blessings on you and your family as you work for Him!!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's amazing! What a blessing!

    I had the same dilema. I wanted my kids to have what I didn't in the area of music. I sang in choir for many years, but never really learned music. So when it came time for them to learn, I thought we would do lessons, but we just couldn't afford it, but the Lord led me to teach myself (through the help of Alfred's adult piano book) and then teach my kids. So I stay a few steps ahead of them, and then teach them. It's been wonderful to learn along with them, and I've found a passion for learning to play. God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful testimony! God is so good to work all these things out for us. =)
    ~ Angela

    ReplyDelete