Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Faith of a Child

A few weeks back we all had a flu of some kind that ended with sore throats and ear infections.  As soon as we thought an ear infection was gone it would be back the next day.  And with 8 of us in the house (we were at my mom and dad's house) it just kept going round and round.  My son seemed to have it worse than the rest of us.  I felt bad for him.  I kept administering the garlic oil and Kyolic Garlic Immune along with a few other things.  To be honest, I was expecting to grow a wart on the end of my nose with all the brewing and concoction making I was doing.  (just kidding...)

One day about 3 or 4 weeks into it my little boy came to me and said, "Mommy, I'm tired of feeling bad.  I just want to feel good again.  Let's pray that God will make my ear stop hurting and my stomach feel better."  So that's what we did.  I stopped brewing the concoction I had been working on and I knelt down beside him and we prayed together.  Wesley prayed first and then I prayed.  By that night his fever was gone and even better than that, it didn't come back the next day, or the day after that.

God answered his prayer!  God is good to us! I'm so glad that my little 4 year old son is learning to trust God and realizing that God can and will answer his prayers!  That was such a blessing to my heart!

(Just so you know, this picture was taken before that wart....=)

No comments:

Post a Comment