Saturday, April 30, 2011

The things we do for our children!!

I'm so thankful for my kids.  They really are the best kids I've ever had and I tell them that quite often.  In fact, they have started to tell me that I'm the best mom they've ever had too!  I love that.

The oldest is just 8.  But she has started to care about how she looks and smells.  She fixes her own hair and I let her go out like that just to encourage her in her new found independence.  (Like she needs anymore!)  The best part is she still wants to be like me. (well, maybe that's a scary part?)  And she wants me to be like her.  She hasn't yet discovered that mom's just aren't cool. And I hope she never does.  Hopefully, I will always be able to keep her heart and her respect.  I do love my kids!  They are the most important treasures God could ever give us.

To prove my love for her I bought her one of the ugliest nail polishes at the store.  We have 2 rules about nail polish at our house.  1. They can't wear the kid stuff; it has to be nice & neat.  2.  They can't wear black, yellow or orange.  Don't ask me why. I just can't hack it.  I wouldn't let them do blue, but you know their daddy and his Kentucky Wild Cats!!   ; )

So here it is...our fingers match and Lexxi is thrilled! 
 These are the moments we will treasure forever....even if my nails happen to be BRIGHT pink!  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment