I like to boil them, drain them, add a family size can of cream of chicken soup to them and a big scoop of sour cream. Sprinkle some cheese on the top and lunch is served. Easy and inexpensive. For about $3.00 I can feed my whole family lunch.
If that is too boring for you, try mixing up a variety of things in your egg noodles. You can do all kinds of things.
What I recommend is using up your leftovers.
- Go through your fridge. Pull out all left over veggies. Corn, peas, carrots, broccoli....if you have mushrooms that need to be cooked before they go bad...whatever you can find that you need to eat...
- Take out all left over meat too. Chop it, shred it, dice it...whatever you need to do to it
- Take a bag of WHOLE WHEAT egg noodles, boil and drain them.
- Add a can of cream soup (a scoop of sour cream tastes good too and makes it more creamy)
- Add some, or all of your left over veggies and meat.
- Cook until it's warmed throughout.
- You can sprinkle cheese and chives on the top if you like.
- You can add spices...be creative.
Here are the things I generally like to put in mine:
- Cream of celery soup
- Ground beef or turkey
- Chili peppers
- Peas and corn
- Sea salt, pepper, garlic, oregano to taste
- Cream of mushroom soup
- Sauteed mushrooms
- Left over beef (or ground beef)
- Chopped onions
- Peas or Carrots or Corn (or all)
- Shredded Chicken
- Cream of Chicken Soup
- Scoop of sour cream (optional)
For about $3.00 you should be able to fix your whole family lunch in just a few minuets.