Thursday, May 26, 2011

MY God Can!!

Click this link to read my personal Salvation testimony...

Can anyone be saved??

Whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved ~ Romans 10:13
According to the dictionary, the word "whosoever" means, "what ever person", that's all inclusive. Anyone can be saved.

Of a truth, I perceive that God is no respecter of persons ~ Acts 10:34
God isn't going to chose anyone over someone else. He isn't going to love anyone more than another person.

And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw ALL men unto me ~ John 12:32
Jesus, Himself, promised to draw ALL men unto Himself...not just a select few.  We must take the Bible literally.

The Lord is not slack concerning his promise as some men count slackness; but is long suffering to us ward, NOT WILLING THAT ANY SHOULD PERISH, BUT THAT ALL SHOULD COME TO REPENTANCE. ~ II Peter 3:9

I do believe that God can look down through the years and know who will and who will not be saved. I think it saddens Him when those who do not get saved reject him. I don't think HE chooses THEM to be eternally damned. I believe that they are given a free will.  Each of us is given a choice to make, and He, in his omnipotence, knows what that decision will be before we make it. 

A few more verses:

To the woman at the well, Jesus said, "whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst...shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life."  John 4:14   There's that pesky little "whosoever" word again! 

...that he (Jesus) by the grace of God should taste death for EVERY MAN. ~ Hebrews 2: 9
When Jesus died on the cross, he tasted death...or experienced death/the penalty of sin...for EVERY man. Jesus paid for our sin already.  He said Himself on the cross, "It is finished."  Salvation is finished, atonement is completed for all men.

I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for MINE OWN sake and will will not remember thy sins. Isaiah 43:25 He WANTS to forgive all men for His own sake. (That's exciting to me!)   He wants all to repent.  And wouldn't you, if it was YOUR son who died for the whole world, want as many to be saved as possible?  Not to mention that HIS SON was God in human flesh.  His Son had never sinned, and yet became sin for all of us!!  There is no reason for anyone to pay their own sin debt.  But the choice is yours....

He's God.  He can forgive any and ALL men if they want Him to.  To say that only certain people will be chosen, only select ones can go to Heaven is like saying that Jesus' blood wasn't enough to cover everyone's sin.  My God is bigger than that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment