Wednesday, May 25, 2011

10 Things That Have Improved our Skin and Saved us Money

Most people don't realize that skin is an organ. It's the organ that comes in contact with the most toxins and chemicals. 

Lexxi and I have terrible skin.  The others in our house aren't much better.  To improve our skin, I used to buy expensive lotions and lots of it.  Even the one the doctors prescribed didn't work. The truth is they had some kind of ammonia based product in them.  Ammonia?  Really? 

I finally threw it all away and now I use Aloe Vera Gel.  Even on my face.  It works!  (You may need to apply it often and liberally in those really dry spots at first.)

A few other things that have helped us with our skin problems and cost us less:
  1. Hair Gel can dry out the skin on your hands and your scalp - I replaced it with Aloe Vera
  2. Laundry Detergent
  3. Fabric Softener
  4. Baby Wipes
  5. House Hold Cleansers - Baking Soda and Vinegar
  6. Deep Hair Conditioner - Coconut Oil
  7. Deodorant
  8. Natural Soaps (no more store bought, detergent based body washes)
  9. Tea Tree Oil for a facial cleanser 

No comments:

Post a Comment