Tuesday, November 15, 2011

God Made YOU Special!

Psalm 239:14 ~ I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.

God wants you to be what He made you to be.  He doesn't want you to be a cardboard copy of anyone else.  He doesn't want you to be more like someone or less like you.  He simply wants you to be the person He created you to be.  He simply wants you to surrender who you are and just follow the pattern He has given.  

God has given you talents and abilities that are unique to you.  Everyone has talents and abilities they can use to serve the Lord.  What are your talents?  Abilities?   What do you enjoy doing?  How can you use those things to serve the Lord?  Remember when you dismiss yourself or your abilities as "nothing special" you are reflecting on a special gift God has given you.  Or worse, you are reflecting on God's own special creation.  YOU are HIS CREATION!  

"A Reason for Life"

I don't know how to say it but somehow it seems to me
That maybe we are stationed where God wants us to be.

That the little place I'm filling is the reason for my birth.
And just to do the work I do, He sent me down to earth.

If God had wanted otherwise, I reckon He'd have made
Me just a little different, or a worse or better grade.

And since God knows and understands all things of land and sea,
I fancy that He placed me here just where He wanted me.

Sometimes I get to thinking as my labors I renew,
That I should like a higher place with greater tasks to do do,

But I come to the conclusion when the evening is stilled,
That the post to which God sent me is the post HE wanted filled.

So I plod along and struggle in the hope when day is through
That I'm really necessary to the things God wants to do.

And there isn't any service I can give that I should scorn
For it may just be the reason God allowed me to be born. 

~ Author Unknown ~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you're new to Hidden Treasures, we'd love to invite you to stay a little while and look around.  You can connect with us on Facebook or Twitter.  Or you can choose to have our post delivered directly to your E-mail or RSS feed.  Thank you so much for taking the time to read our posts!  
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment