Friday, April 13, 2012

Homemade Hamburger Helper

Some nights call for a 4 course dinner with all the trimmings, but not very many!  HA!

Most nights at our house call for something more simple.  My husband is from the south.  He likes to have a meat, a vegetable and potatoes.  If I should happen to make gravy too, he's thrilled out of his socks - especially if my gravy happens to be a success!  Such a southern boy!  I grew up on casseroles and one dish meals much of the time.  They're so much easier and even more fun in my opinion.  :)

SO!  When Jeremy's not home, we usually eat something more simple like a rice stir-fry or a casserole of some kind.  The easiest thing I make though, is what we call "Hamburger Helper".  I like it because it tastes good and it doesn't have any additives or preservatives in it.



Here's what we do:
  • Grab a box of Annie's Homegrown Mac & Cheese and follow the directions on the box.  I stock up on these when they're on sale for $1 a piece. 
  • Add a tablespoon or 2 of ranch seasoning.  I don't really measure anything so I'm not sure on the exact amount.
  • Brown some ground beef and mix it in too.  
  • Sometimes we add peas and corn or even mustard greens once.  It actually tasted very good!  
  • Sprinkle the top with a bit of cheese and dig in!  We love it!!
I'd love to hear your creative ideas on how to improve or add to this recipe! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We'd love to invite you to connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.  Or you can choose to have our post delivered directly to your E-mail or RSS feed.  
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 comment:

  1. Your husband sound just like mine! Gravy will make his day! :)

    Recipe sound good, quick and easy! I never measure anything either!

    ReplyDelete