Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Homemade Baby Wipes

Here's a great way to save money!  Make your own baby wipes!  It's easy and cheap and MUCH healthier!! 

I don't have diapers to change anymore, but I do keep Baby Wet Wipes 
in the bathroom and in the van!
(I'm not allowed to call them "baby" wipes anymore...my kids are NOT babies!!)
; D
What you need:
  • An old Wet Wipe container (and maybe a few of the traveling size containers)
  • A roll of your favorite paper towels  (I use Viva)
  • About 2 Tablespoons of your favorite baby shampoo
  • Water...about 2 cups
What you do:
  • Cut the whole roll of paper towels in half and discard the cardboard roll.
  • Mix your water and baby shampoo.  You can add some tea tree oil for some natural disinfectant.
  • Pour half the mixture on half the roll of paper towels.  Then turn it over and pour the rest of the mixture on the other side.     
There you have it ~ wet wipes that are inexpensive, safe for your baby's skin, and smells good too.  It's safer because it doesn't have the harsh chemicals that store bought baby wipes have, nor does it have the high price tag!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you're new to Hidden Treasures, we'd love to invite you to stay a little while and look around.  You can connect with us on Facebook or Twitter.  Or you can choose to have our post delivered directly to your E-mail or RSS feed.  Thank you so much for taking the time to read our posts!  
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for these directions! I plan to make some for friends and some for myself for hand wipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure! I put eucalyptus oil in mine...smells so good and kills germs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. I'm concerned with excessive waste so I actually cut old t-shirts into slightly rectangular squares and folded them in half. They fit perfectly into my children's outgrown plastic school boxes.

    ReplyDelete