Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Stronger than Ever

Life is a series of battles.  A series of struggles.  From these struggles we learn how to cope, how to love God better, and sometimes, we simply learn how to grow up!  The good thing about a valley is that God is there.  It's been in the darkest valleys of my life when I felt the closest to God.  It was at those times that I knew God was with me.  Even if no one else cared, God did and He would always lead me through.

The first real "valley" I faced was when I was in Bible College.  It was hard, but it was necessary for me to be the person I am today.  It taught me to fully rely on God and God alone for my strength both emotionally and financially.  I realized then, that though the whole world was against me, and I really thought they were, I had a God in Heaven and He always gave me just what I needed, right when I needed it. He saw me through it and I've looked back to that time so often and known that if He could get me through that, He can, and will get me through anything. 

I'm just glad that it doesn't matter what battles we face, or what valleys we may walk through, God will go with us.  God will do our fighting for us.  When the battle is over, we will be the victors.  Not because we won the battle, but we sat back and let God do the work.  He always wins.  We may have war wounds.  We may have scars.  But those serve to remind us what God has brought us through.  And, they also come in handy when trying to encourage others through their hard times.  I'm glad that God allows us to go through struggles so that we can come out of them stronger than ever!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Angela I totally needed this...May God continue to Bless you and your family..

    ReplyDelete