Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Making Healthy Meals Convenient

Flash Freezing is a must when making convenience food. 

If you are like us you stay pretty busy.  Each day has it's own schedule and list of things to do.  If I don't plan ahead, I get behind.  I ususlly try to plan tomorrow's meals today.  I try to lay out frozen meat and veggies the night before we are to eat them.  The problem is that you never know what may happen in a day and what may come up.

There have been plenty of days when I realized at the last moment that I'm not prepared.  I didn't lay anything out and I don't have a particular item to make the dinner I'd been thinking of that day.... What do I do on those days??  I run to the garage and open the deep freezer and pull out...something.  Whatever is closest or sounds the best.  But I usually have several things to chose from.  I try not to cook from my freezer every night.  If I did my stash would quickly vanish.

Here are a few of the things I keep my freezer stocked with:

Dinner Options:
  • Chicken Pot Pies
  • Lasagna
  • Chicken Enchiladas
  • Meat Balls
  • Chicken Broccoli Casserole 

    Lunch Options:

    Desserts:

    No comments:

    Post a Comment