Monday, November 28, 2011

Drink Your Way to Healthy

Drinking Water!!
Water is the best thing for you!  Set a certain number of days and challenge yourself or a friend to drink nothing but water - and LOTS of it!  This may be hard for you if you are addicted to sodas and sweet teas, but you can do it!

I recommend dumping ALL sodas, and sugar water (kool-aid) and any juice with added sugars or sweeteners.  Remember diet drinks are actually worse for you than regular ones.  {Artificial sweeteners are a BIG NO-NO!!!}  Look on the bright side: thing of all the money you're saving by not spending money on these types of things.  You're saving your health and your money! 


photo credit
Tip #1:
If you have any of these things that haven't been open yet, you can return them to the store.  Get your money back and do something special with it.  Buy a chocolate bar (one you can eat while the kids are sleeping!  That's what I do.)  Be sure it's at least 60% or more cocoa. 

Tip #2:
If you just can't stand the idea of drinking plain, old water, get some limes, lemons, or oranges.  Slice them up and put them in your water.  They will add flavor and vitamins.  Lemon water will help filter your liver, which needs to be done on occasion - especially if you've been drinking lots of sugary drinks.  I even put this is sippy-cups when my kids were younger. 

I promise if you do this you will feel better in a week and you will be well on your way to living healthy!  Water is one of the most important things God gave us for good health.  It cleans you out and keeps you hydrated.   Add this to all the healthy fats we already discussed and you'll be on your way to living a healthier life!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you're new to Hidden Treasures, we'd love to invite you to stay a little while and look around.  You can connect with us on Facebook or Twitter.  Or you can choose to have our post delivered directly to your E-mail or RSS feed.  Thank you so much for taking the time to read our posts!  
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This post is linked with:

2 comments:

  1. I so needed to hear this about drinking water! I haven't been consistently doing it lately & I know it is so important! I want to make straight paths for my feet and take better care of my temple! Thankyou!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree~ I pray to thirst for only water. My goal is to drink 4 bottles worth daily. I mix it up with herbal teas.

    ~Sarah beth @ http://hislovingpresence.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete